20060602

Who Cares About Mona Lisa's Smile?

I can't believe the amount of attention that the Mona Lisa gets. Da Vinci Code, Schma Vinci Code. Recently this renaissance tart has been taunting my with her glib expression rampant in the news.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's a royal pain in the ass to view the work. Plus, there are much better works of art in Le Louvre, Centre Pompidou and the coffee shop across the street. I'm partial to the tin fishes and the photos of the action figures in weird settings.

Don't people have anything better to do than worry about what someone may have been thinking while their ass got tired sitting for a potrait hundreds of years ago?

Computer decodes Mona Lisa's smile
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/12/16/mona.lisa.smile/index.html

Mona Lisa 'speaks' thanks to acoustics expert
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/05/31/mona.lisa.voice.reut/index.html

Like my mom says, "Everybody's gotta be somewhere."

The real question is what's the deal with the poems and portraits pasted on to dumpsters, electrical boxes and phone switches all over town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was told that I look like Mona Lisa by some drunk old man at a bar, who, later that night, proposed to me and offered to buy me a car and lots of diamonds...ewwww!