20060712

Better...Stonger...Faster

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before.

Better . . . stronger . . .faster."

- The Six Million Dollar Man

For those of you keeping score at home, I just completed my first visit to physical therapy at Sports Center. I am so stoked to be off of the couch and doing something productive. But, I have a long, tough row to hoe before I'm playing Ultimate again. Initial test results revealed that I have just less than 50% of the range of motion that I should have in my cankle.

The PT protocol is broken down into three phases. Phase 1 is focused on regaining full range of motion. Phase 2 is designed to rebuild strength and stability until I reach full, pain-free weight bearing capability. Phase 3 is aimed at getting me back on the field with full sprinting and cutting.

Mark, my PT, says that my goal of a 48" vertical might be a bit aggressive but that "better, stronger, faster" is a slam dunk.

No comments: